Monday, February 25, 2008
Of course we had a rockin' party, because I love a good party, and my husbands 30th just had to be the best! We had a Casino Night, complete with blackjack, poker, roulette, craps, karaoke and bingo! The chips were flowing freely and the lucky couples with the most chips at the end of the night won awesome prizes! (okay, they were from the dollar tree, but don't tell!) Most of Jake's dental buddies were there to party the night away, and it was said by many that it was the best party they had ever been too!! Woo hoo! It was a great night.
These are some of the dental school widows! These girls are awesome!
Five card draw
Now for a few words regarding the man who we spent the weekend celebrating.
My husband is amazing. Hummm...I wish there were a better word than that. Maybe I should say phenomenal! Or unbelievable, or incredible....he's just fantastic!
I love him so much. He is always everything that I ever need him to be. He is level headed and SO smart, he is hilarious, and can make me laugh even when I am determined to have a bad attitude! His kids are head over hills in love with him because he is so good to them. He comes home from 12 hours of school and spends an hour playing batman with Jaxon and cuddling with Sage. When Jake walks in the door at night the kids are overjoyed. It's really cute. Today we went to surprise Jake at school and he just beamed with pride as all of his friends told him how cute his kids were. My kids don't know how lucky they are.
Did I mention that he is so stinking smart? He is the #1 student in his dental class at OHSU, and has been ever since the first semester. Every now and again I really think about that and it blows me away. He is such a hard worker, and I can't count how many times he has stayed up all night long studying for a big test. He knows how important it is to be a good provider for his family, and he is determined to be the best.
More important than that though, is how much Jake loves me!! : ) He tells me on a very regular basis that he loves me, that I am so beautiful, and that he is the luckiest man on earth to be married to me. And I'm not even making this stuff up!! I love that we have been married long enough to feel like we've been married forever. I just can't remember him not always being around. He is the love of my life, and I'm so happy that he chose me to be the love of his life.
Happy Birthday Jake!
I love you!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
There's nothing like sun, sand, popcorn, taffy, and ice cream to make a day kids dream about!
Monday, February 18, 2008
2. Jake making the comment "any man worth his grain in salt......." rather than the correct term, "any man worth his weight in gold." I'm still laughing.
3. Heidi very adamantly letting Heather know that she was NOT prettier than an old flings new fling. It was all a misunderstanding of course. Still funny
4. Jake placing a small stuffed cat at the window in hopes of scaring away the STUPID bird
5. Your comments about the poor bird. There was no sympathy!
6. Checking on the kids last night to find Jaxon like this
7. Jake finding what he thought was a list of complaints that I had made about him. Really it was a chapter review my sister had written about the book Dandelion Wine for book club. Here are some of the 'complaints'..."lying in bed makes everything alright" hehe "sleep, cry, ice cream-good medicine" haha, "mad the machine work." I couldn't stop laughing most of the night. What strange complaints!
8. This didn't happen this week, but when I think of it, I still laugh. Heather calles me and tells me how she was in downtown Portland in SUPER bad traffic. No one was moving. It was a standstill. She then notices that the cars in the lane next to her are moving along pretty well, and a few moments later realized that she is waiting behind a line of parked cars. Oh, I love that story!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Okay, and just a note on the video, I choose this one because it displays my preshool bird feeders so well, and because of Sagie's burp at the beginning. It's hilarious! Listen for it. And and you can hear the bird chirp too.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Actually, I'm not really sure what my kids were doing the whole time! : ) I had activity days at 6:00pm, so the family came over around 7:15 for the party. We did some dancing, because my sweet baby Sage loves to dance. Even if it's just to my phone ring tone! We then opened her many presents. She got lot's of cute clothes. Heidi always says that part is actually for me. It's true. And then came the fun part. Although it took Sage quite awhile to really figure out that she had a huge hunk of goodness in front of her, she eventually made a decent sized mess out of the cake and herself. That's what it's all about right? I love the look on her face.
She got a bath, and the party ended not too long after that. Then she was off to bed, probably completly confused about the night that just had happened!
This first year of Sage's life has been a challanging one. I'm not going to lie, I'm not sad to see it gone. I love the girl to pieces, but with her RSV at 2 months, and then her consistent ear infections after that, she was a tough one to live with. Especially compared to Jaxon, who was easy! Not anymore of course. Okay, this is very negative...I promise I'm going somewhere with it all. These past few months as Sage get's older I can't believe what a sweet and funny little girl she is. I'm finally really able to see her personality shine through. She'll laugh at anything and loves her mom and dad so much. Anytime I sit down on the floor she'll run over until she's a few feet away, turn around, and then back into my lap. It's really cute. She loves her little brother and is so excited anytime she see's him. She's got the wild side that I'm afraid all my kids will have, and I just love it. I absolutly love having a little girl to dress up and to be my little princess. She's such a blessing in my life and I'm so grateful that she is mine.
I LOVE YOU BABY SAGE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
This is a video of Sage just being cute on her birthday. Enjoy!