Thursday, September 4, 2008

Me....Busy?

My life has come to a complete stop, and I'm loving it!  I have been very busy for the past few months, and it's nice to finally have nothing to do.   That's not to say that I didn't love all those things that made me busy though. 

After my play ended in Oregon I had a week off before we had to travel to Utah to perform at Education week.  So did I take it easy and have a week off?  Oh no....here's what I did.

Monday/Tuesday

Crater Lake camping trip with my dad and Heather.  It was a quick trip, but definitely worth it.  Read more about it here.  I love any chance I get to go camping with family.... especially my dad.  He just loves it so much that it makes it even more special for me.  I love that picture of him enjoying the view. 

010  023011038 045

Sage fell asleep on our hike...this was the view I had of her when I looked behind me.  She did not look comfy!037 That night I was blessed with the company of my dear friend Meagan and her beautiful family who was just passing through.  I loved every minute of being with her, even if I was a little worn out from a camp trip with two kids and no hubby.

061 042

Wednesday

Oaks Park!  How could I pass up the $3 tickets that come with Library Summer Reading prizes.  But first we had to go to the last free lunch of the summer.  I LOVE FREE LUNCH!011 The babies went on this ride a good 6 or 7 times.  They LOVED it!024

Thursday

Ear piercing, and Ryan Shupe

Thursday is a day that will go down in history in my book.  My dear friend and sister Heidi found her way to the dark side and pierced her ears.  Let me give you a little background......my mother was against us girls having our ears pierced.  I wanted mine done SO BADLY, but she wouldn't budge.  Well, when I was 10, she passed away, and by the time I was 12 my ears were pierced.  My sisters called me a traitor, and I was okay with that, but I never knew that they were capable of joining the dark side.  Sorry mom!  We still love you!  That evening we enjoyed the musical styling's of Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band.  It was great!

012

Heidi showing off her earrings!  And Sagie doing a little dance.009007  022 Friday was spent packing and getting ready for my two week trip to Utah, Rexburg, Yellowstone, Bozeman, Snohomish....and Pendelton.  So that day was pretty full too.  Then life got really crazy!  But that's another post for another day.  I will leave you with a family portrait drawn by Action Jaxon! 025

13 comments:

mahina said...

the crazy busy weeks are always the best. when my bro and sis were it we had a jam packed 3 days (check my blog) and were exhausted, but it was so fun and i will always cherish that whirwind of activities!

Darilyn said...

I'm so excited that your play got to perform at education week. What a fun past couple weeks you have had.

Sarah said...

I know the feeling.

What fun!

Kelsey said...

Wow I have lots to say about this post. I love that your dad has a blog! I'm going to look at it all the time now. I hope he won't mind. I'm jealous that you went camping. With being pregnant and then having Inara we haven't gone camping at all. (Unless you count sleeping over for the 4th of July parade.) My sister Abby still doesn't have her ears pierced, but we were allowed so I don't know what her problem is. Lastly, the bass player for Ryan Schupe is in my music history class.

Hannah Z said...

That all looks like a BLAST Stephanie! Thanks for a making us a part of it all. I miss you already! Glad you made safely back home. ;)

Heidi said...

Thanks for posting about my big ear-piercing day! And thanks for holding my hand (figuratively) to help make it happen. I haven't regretted it for a moment! Glad to have you back and blogging!

brenda said...

Was that all one post? Crazy summer for you. I'm glad you're back and doing nuthin! That's the best.

Say, it's a go for nursery music. Can you start this week? Those little ones will be so blessed to have you come in and break up the day a little. Thank you for volunteering!!!

janine said...

Yay! So glad you're back! We've missed you! Give me a call so we can play and enjoy the summer which is rapidly disappearing!

hedrad said...

I will never pierce my ears. I will be the favorite daughter and follow in my mother's footsteps.

Sally said...

I'm jealous you were in Bozeman! I am missing my Montana pine trees already!

Stace said...

Glad you converted Heid to the dark side. I am in way to deep. I have 3 piercings in one ear and two in the other! No kidding. (Just a product of the '80's) Love all the beautiful photos of Crater Lake. Luke really misses Jaxon. Thanks for the Spiderman book he made. Luke loved it. Glad you made it home ok with the car and all.

Anonymous said...

You certainly have been busy. I so wanted to go to the Ryan Shupe concert, but was feeling so pregnant and worn out, that we just didn't make it. Looks like you had a fun week.

Lawther family said...

Crater Lake is so beautiful. It is one of my favorite places to go in Oregon. Looks like a ton of fun. Makes me miss home.