Sunday, March 2, 2008

A few things

Here are some pictures from Jake's Sunday party that I haven't gotten around to putting on the blog. As a quick side note, Sunday is the best day for a birthday. You go out with your significant other on Friday night, have a party with friends on Saturday night, and a family party on Sunday night!!! It's the only way to go!

Here's Jaxon and the birthday boy. I love this picture of Jax. Look at those eyes!! I let Jaxon take over the job of decorating Jakes b-day cake. I made it from scratch and it tasted like cornbread. Blah. Heather on clean up crew. This is now the 3rd picture I have posted of her in this same spot doing dishes at Heidi's house! What a good sister.
This picture is cool. Look closely and you can see Jake ready to take on the 30 candles single handedly. Okay, Jaxon helped a bit.
Jake's got this super neat-o coat for his birthday. (at what age did birthday presents start getting so lame!)
Connor got a hold of the camera at this point. This is Abbie and Jaxon's best mad face.
Okay, are you sick of birthdays? Me too! On to other things. These 3 boys are in preschool together that I teach with two other moms. Here they are hammering golf tee's into Styrofoam. They LOVED it! Little boys in their element.And here is a not so great shot of the music group I teach Friday mornings. We were singing some cowboy songs in this picture. I love teaching these kids music and seeing how well they can learn it and how much they love it. It is very rewarding to hear Jaxon start singing one of the songs I've taught that week.
Jaxon and Jake had a little party last night watching Batman and eating popcorn and chocolate milk! Fun fun!And here is a picture from today before church. Sage is obviously not so happy in the picture, but look at her cute little outfit! She is so fun to dress. I sure love these crazy kids. I read on my good friend Melissa's blog a quote from Sister Hinkley that said,
"It is the mothers of young children I would like to address first. These are golden years for you. These are years when you will probably do the most important work of your lives. Don’t wish away your years of caring for small children."

I'll do my best!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

It's the little things in life that really matter. I know it's cliche but looking at those pics I know it's true!

brenda said...

Great pictures, as usual. Your family is so dang photogenic. Maia cried herself to sleep because I said she couldn't go to Jaxon's tomorrow. We really do need to have you guys over for dinner SOON.

brenda said...

Thanks for the cupcakes!!!

And great singin' tonight!

Bridget said...

Those pics are so cute. It is funny to see how birthday gifts get so boring as you get older. But Jake does look pleased with his "neat-o-coat" anyway. :)

Kelsey said...

I wouldn't have thought you the type to dress little Sagie so trendy. She looks great!

Lawther family said...

You teach preschool? Is it like a Joy Club? Do you enjoy it? I am trying to decide if I should Put Keawe in preschool or do a joy club with a few ladies here....

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I love your posting! Such great pictures. I loved the music group picture. Happy 30th to Jake!

JackieSue said...

Wow, perhaps I needed to hear that quote today! Thanks for that.
CUTE PICTURES! You guys just seem to have so much fun!!
Oh and I couldn't agree more with Heidi! I watch Linkin waddle down the hall in his diaper and it's like the most cherished moment of the month! ;-)

Rachael said...

The little children at your class look like they are having such a great time. You are awesome! The little children stage doesn't last forever like you think it will. Enjoy and relish in the great moments.

Darilyn said...

Sister Hinckley's quote is so true. I look back on when my girls were younger and I just want to shout "wait, don't get older so quickly".

That is quite the group for your singing class. I bet it is a blast.

Anonymous said...

i love the popcorn and batman party! so cute!