Sunday, June 15, 2008

I love my Dad

I really do.

Just last week I called my dad. He's been in Utah, so I haven't seen him in awhile. His answering machine picked up and it made me so sad. I didn't like that he wasn't immediately there for me to talk to and get advice from. After I hung up my thoughts turned to my mom, and how she's been gone for so long, and it made me SO happy that I can just call up my dad whenever I want. The weight of the word "father" fell upon me that I was brought to tears of gratitude for a father who I still have on this earth who loves me and is there for me when I need him. And he's such a great dad. He spoils me, he's funny, he's strong, he's the most gracious person I know, and he loves to have fun, whether it's playing games or fishing in Yellowstone. He lives life to it's fullest. And because I love to add tons of pictures to anything I post, I will do just that.

This is my mom and dad in Hawaii. I love this picture.

Here's my dad fishing in Yellowstone. He and Jake went for a week. Father and son-in-law camping out for that long, and they even had fun. Amazing!

Here's a great example of my dad living life to the fullest. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of my pop.
This is one of the only, if not the only picture with all sibling and dad in it. Add in 13 grand kids and you've got his posterity!
Here's my dad playing a fishing game at Jaxon's 3rd birthday. What an awesome grandpa!
Santa Dad

We sure like this guy Dad, I love you. What more can I say? I'm glad you're still around to answer my calls. Let's keep it that way for a long time okay?

Love, your daughter
Stephanie

10 comments:

Darilyn said...

What a great tribute to your dad. I love seeing all the pictures.

Heidi said...

Amen to all of that. Love ya Dad!!

hedrad said...

Too bad Steph's going to get the brownie points for blogging about Dad. Wish I'd have beat her to it. Happy Father's Day Pops!!! You're the greatest. Sure gonna miss ya.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Don't you just love Dads. I love that I can call my Dad whenever I want too, even when he's at work. Sounds like your Dad is much of the same.

brenda said...

I want to know whose sock that is with the hole in front of Santa dad.

I hope you check your daughters' blogs, Dave! They adore you.

Elisabeth said...

Awww your dad. What a great guy! Me and my mom were just talking about you the other night. Remembering how when you were 3yrs old, you and Kade walked down to Pepper Tree and went candy shopping. My mom was talking about your mom and how you guys freaked them out! I'll have to ask my mom about some more stories. Oh yeah do you remember shortly after your mom passed away you went to Disney Land with our family? That's the last time I've been to Disney and I was remembering that you went with us.

Sarah said...

That's very sweet Stephanie! I'm sure your Dad is a proud papa!

Anonymous said...

what a nice tribute to your dad! and how wonderful that you have such a great relationship.

Stace said...

Nice pictures. Nice tribute.

James & Tara Huish said...

Stephanie, I love reading your blog:) I was kind of just having a sad moment for a minute and I decided to look at your blog. You always perk up my mood! Your Dad did a great job at raising you. What a sweet family you have. Love ya!

Tara