Monday, June 30, 2008

My dip in paradise....or something like that

So my sister Heidi and her hubby took the weekend off to go play because I was home alone with no hubby, and figured I might just want to hang out with my nieces and nephew while the parent folk had some bonding time. So we did just that. Heidi and Rick went off to play, while I stayed in to play! Here are the highlights.
.
.
We took a trip to Toys R Us to buy a birthday present, and I was planning on buying a fun sprinkler for the kids to play in. We ended up forgetting to buy it, but I did find a super deal on this batman shirt! Yeah for super deals!!!! The kids had a blast at the store. What kid doesn't have a blast in Toys r Us? Heck, I have a blast in toys r us.

We got home and had just enough time to eat a Popsicle and then put p.j's on to watch a movie! The Bruno kids LOVE to watch movies. I enjoyed some reading time during this, as the babies had so kindly gone to bed early.

.

.

The next morning was full of lots of kids, and lots of cartoons. It was funny to have the house buzzing with 6 kids and 7:00am! I'm definitely not used to that. Abbie and Connor headed off to a birthday party, while I attempted to take 4 kids under the age of 4 to my rehearsal. Let's just say, it was interesting. I would have been more useful not showing up. Oh well!

.

.

Then the fun part came. It started with watermelon....lot's of watermelon. And of course a kiddie pool. More watermelon. We finished off an entire one in one day! It was good watermelon.

Then came pool time. These girlies LOVED it. Jaxon and Holly were asleep for this part.
Next came more Popsicles. When it's a 100 degrees outside, you HAVE to eat lots of Popsicles and watermelon.
"WHOOOO-HOOOO!"
And during all this I was hard at work........
on my TAN! :) ( I know, super cheesy!)
.
But really, the kids were great, the babies napped super good, I even got a 15 minute nap in at one point. I told Heidi that I didn't think it could have gone any better, and that's the truth!

Thank YOU, Heidi for the fun. Let's do it again sometime soon.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

That's good it went so well. Don't you love that! And working on your tan, I'm jealous!

Bridget said...

What a fun weekend. You are so lucky to have your sisters with nieces/nephews close by so you can do this.

Look what a hot mama you are too laying out there!

Sally said...

I totally enjoyed this past weekend being at my parent's house. My mom chased Annabelle around and I did exactly what you did, bathed in the sun! It was great. I think I've finally advanced from "pasty white" to just "light" stage.

Heidi said...

Was that another offer?! How about you watch my kids for 5 days while I go galavanting across the world. I'm curious to see what you blog about after that experience. Hopefully it goes just as well!!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Such fun! You are a nice aunt to have six kids for the weekend!

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

Looks like a fun childhood day! thanks for sharing!

Stace said...

Good for you for watching all the kids. Glad it went well. Love all the pictures. It is so hot here. Those popsicles look good.

hedrad said...

This post makes me laugh. Talk about living life right. Steph, you know how to do it. I can't imagine 100 degree weather. It's nice and cool here. I'll take the weather over here. Much nicer. Thanks again for posting pictures. Especially that one of you. :)

brenda said...

Missed you on the 4th...it was weird without you and Heather. Can't wait to see your tan. :0)

Darilyn said...

You are such a great aunt. And that's an important thing in a child's life. I still adore my aunts because they did such fun things with me when I was little.

Brooke said...

Wow I have a hard enough time taking care of my own kids let alone anyone else's! Good thing that means she can return the favor sometime.

Cassie Bumcrot said...

Hello, We just found out you have a blog, so we added you to our list. Hope you don't mind. Did you like the waterpark? We talk about going all the time.

Breezy said...

You know you are always welcome to come to Utah and watch Greyson so we could have a weekend away. . . My Mom needed to have more girls (ha ha). You and Heather and Heidi have talent in keeping lots of kids happy.