Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happiest Place on Earth

Man, they weren’t kidding when they named it that.  We were lucky enough to spend a short 2 days there in November and loved every minute of it.  Even though we were all just slightly sick, nothing would keep us off Space and Splash Mountain.

But let me back up a bit.  A few years ago my brother in law got married and honeymooned at Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving.  They went on and on about how it was the perfect time to go.  Smaller crowds, cooler weather, Christmas decorations are up….I was convinced.  I just had to go to Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving.  Although each year there was never enough time or money, so I would put off my dream yet again.  Until this year. 

It was meant to be.  My dear friend, Des, had just moved 10 miles away from Disneyland and was so kind and gracious enough to lend us her children’s room during our stay.  She also took us to the beach and took picture like this.  I love my friend.

beachbeach4beach3beach5beach2beach1

The next morning we were off!

iPhone pictures 192iPhone pictures 194iPhone pictures 195iPhone pictures 196

My kids got chosen to be trained as Jedi Knights.  That was a definite highlight of the trip.  Sage fought off Darth Vader and Jaxon destroyed Darth Maul.

I was one proud mama

iPhone pictures 199iPhone pictures 221iPhone pictures 222iPhone pictures 223

Dumbo was far and away Sage’s favorite ride, while I think Hazel much preferred the carousel, and Jaxon was partial to Space Mountain.  Me?  I loved it ALL!

iPhone pictures 233iPhone pictures 234iPhone pictures 242iPhone pictures 249iPhone pictures 257iPhone pictures 262

To finish off our first magical day, fireworks and snow.  Perfection, sigh.

iPhone pictures 264iPhone pictures 265

The next day we woke bright and early and hauled our kids off again.  Poor things were just mostly sick and tired, but nothing would keep us from making the most of our two days.  We met Belle, Goofy, Mickey, and of course….

jakes camera dinseyland 185jakes camera dinseyland 189jakes camera dinseyland 192jakes camera dinseyland 193

Hazel’s beloved Minnie Mouse.  That girl loved Minnie more than anything.  We tried to get her to turn around, but no way, not when there’s a giant Minnie Mouse to look at

iPhone pictures 270jakes camera dinseyland 188jakes camera dinseyland 194

By the afternoon the kids had reached their limit.  The tears began to flow, and we knew it was time to take them home.  But here’s where the real fun begins.  Remember that awesome friend who I was staying with?  Well, she babysat my kids all night and Jake and I had the most amazing date night at Disneyland!  We practically ran from one ride to the next.  It was bliss

iPhone pictures 275iPhone pictures 276iPhone pictures 277iPhone pictures 279iPhone pictures 281iPhone pictures 282

We left California the next day exhausted but so very happy.

2 comments:

Maegan said...

can i just tell you that we were meant to be friends?! we're going to disneyland next monday! we really do think alike. we're going at this time for the cooler weather and smaller crowds too. we should have gone together! thank you for posting pictures. my kids loved looking at them and it got them all the more excited for the trip. your date night at disneyland sounds AMAZING! so fun!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

SO AWESOME that you got to go ALONE and with your kids. What a nice friend!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff and I have a secret plot to go to Disneyland alone again someday. =)