Sunday, December 2, 2007

Don't Blink

I've been told countless times that kids grow up quickly and to enjoy every minute of those first few years. Well, this past month has been one of those 'don't blink' moments, and I just hope I enjoyed all that came before it as much as I could. Just last month, I had a little toddler who kept me busy with changing diapers, locating binkies, and trying to figure out what to feed him every meal, as well as squeezing in a nap everyday. I also had a baby, who cried a lot...due to ear infections, and teeth, was crawling everywhere, and was SUCH a cutie.

Fast forward 1 month.....I have a sweet little toddler, who can go potty all by himself, and couldn't be more proud of himself, who no longer requires a binkie for sleep, and who does great with no nap, and is in bed by 7:30 almost every night. He eats more and more of what I put in front of him, and he's learning new things every day. And my baby is walking, babbling, waving bye-bye, and is finally getting those teeth through that have been making her so grumpy. She has also been under general anesthesia, which is more than I can say. She had tubes put in her ears this week to help out with those nasty ear infections. And she's still a cutie. I feel like my life has just completely flipped into this new one. And I like it! I couldn't be happier with both of my children's new found accomplishments. Wow, I'm only 3 years into being a mom, and it's already been quite the ride! It's a good thing I love roller coasters. HOLD ON!

Here's baby Sage showing off her waving skills she just learned today!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Amazing how just one months time can make such a HUGE difference in our little peoples lives.

hedrad said...

Sure love those kids!!!

Merilee said...

Careful, a few more blinks and your oldest is getting the priesthood and your youngest is about to be baptized.

Bridget said...

Those milestones are so much fun! Congrats! I can't believe that in four weeks my youngest will be in Primary. AFter 5 years of consistently having a child in there, I am done!

Bridget said...

Those milestones are so much fun! Congrats! I can't believe that in four weeks my youngest will be in Primary. AFter 5 years of consistently having a child in there, I am done!

Bridget said...

"in there" meaning in the nursery.

mahina said...

i hear ya sista!!

RocketBox Boy said...

I love that Sage can multi task already. Suck on a pacifier and wave. She is so cute! I love the rollercoaster of motherhood too!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

It's so true. The ups and downs and the twists and turns of motherhood. Sometimes I wonder from day to day if I have the same kids. They look the same, but, boy, they don't ACT the same!

Anonymous said...

how fun to know someone else with a blog! i totally know what you mean about time going by. i feel like time has flown by since my kids were born.