Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas is Snohomish

We made a quick detour to the Puget Sound Aquarium before making our way up to grandma and grandpa's house.  Jaxon is fascinated by sharks, sting rays, scorpions and the like, and we weren’t disappointed in the least at all the fun creatures we saw….like this friendly snail for instance!016 017 020  026   024

Once we made it to Snohomish our first order of business was to meet and fall in love with our new baby niece/cousin Ava.  She’s so sweet.030    Then we had a ginger bread house making contest….it’s too bad we were up against the self proclaimed reigning world champ of Ginger bread house decorating(Jarom)…or we might of had a chance!

033 034 038

Next it was time to jump into Grandma’s awesome bath!!  My kids could spend hours playing in this thing!046 056

On Christmas Eve we made sure to make sugar cookies for Santa, got some new pajamas, and of course a quick Nativity.  Jaxon was adamant that he be a Shepherd man.  He’s a sweet kid, and loved the fact that it was really baby Jesus’ birthday that we were celebrating.

sweet little Christmas Ava048 049 Unfortunately, Sage fell asleep early on Christmas Eve so she missed out of the festivities.  But she got her pajamas in the morning, and seemed as happy as could be about it.  So it all worked out in the end.

050 057056

Jake and I sat up after everyone had gone to bed next to the tree and just reveled in the magic of Christmas.  It was wonderful.  I then got to chat with Heather for almost an hour and hear all about her wonderful Christmas.  It couldn’t have been a better Christmas Eve.061 

I actually had to be woken up on Christmas morning, which almost never happens, and the morning was full of your classic Christmas fun.  Santa came and brought way too many toys! :)

I LOVE stockings.  They are my favorite part of Christmas morning.058

Sage and her fun dress up shoes from Grandma 070

Lego Castle.  Jaxon and I spent almost 3 hours putting it together.  It’s very cool.074

This is what I got on Christmas from Jake, with a little help from Santa!  I LOVE it, and even get to take private lessons I’ll be a pro in no time!  I got the sweater too.  My in-laws know me well enough to get me gift cards.  Those are the best presents!  So I went out the next day and spoiled myself!086 

It was a wonderful Christmas, and we made lots of fun memories! 

Yesterday was an awesome snow storm!  We obviously were caught off guard as you can see by Sagie’s choice of outfit for the day.  Don’t worry we had a coat on her, just had to take it off real quick for the picture! :)

 093

 092 097

What a wonderful Christmas vacation!  And to top it off, today we found out we’re having another perfect baby girl!  I can’t wait.

 Cadence1  

She did a big yawn during the ultrasound.  It was very, very cute.Cadence2

Little perfect feet.

Cadence3

Isn’t she sweet? :) 

HAPPY HOLIDAY’S

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your baby girl!

liv said...

yea for Christmas, it looks like you guys had lots of fun! :) congrats on your little girl! That is very exciting.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Yeah!!! How fun for Sage to have a sister. Congrats!!!

Emma Westhora said...

Oh! I am so happy that you get to have another healthy child! Sage and Jaxon will love having a new baby sister! Congrats Jake and Steph! PS Jake, nice facial hair! You look kinda like Tom when he grows a beard.

Anonymous said...

congrats on teh exciting news! And how fun, a guitar. You are one rockin' mama.

katrina hayes said...

looks like the perfect christmas! and yes, your new baby girl is PERFECT!!! so happy for you!

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Yay for your new girl! She is coming to a wonderful family and will be cherised I am sure! I see matching dresses for the girls... can't wait!

Becky said...

Hi Steph, I'm so glad you guys all had a lot of fun at Christmas. We had fun here in Texas, too, but we sure missed you all. Maybe one year we can all be together. Ava sure looks different than she did 3 weeks ago. She was so tiny then, but maybe it's just the camera playing tricks. Congrats on the new little girl! I'm sure she will be gorgeous like her siblings. She does have really cute feet.

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! Congrats on the baby girl! How exciting. You told me the name you picked out but I can't remember.

Heidi said...

Can't wait to tickle her little toes!

hedrad said...

First of all, you're beautiful and that little girl of yours looks just like you. Your update was perfect, filled with every detail I wanted to hear and see. Thanks!

Sarah said...

Christmas is so fun with kids and it looks like yours was great. I'm excited you are having another girl, any names picked out yet?

Scott and Stacia said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! (obviously I'm playing blog catch up-I love the Christmas list as your little announcement). I hope the pregnancy goes well! Also Sage in all her costume changes were cute...my favorite was the last one :) She is a cutie!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Stephanie, We're so excited for your baby! We have got to you and the family up to our house for dinner!
Love,
Mona