Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Little Lady

DSC_0496

Sugar and spice and everything nice, that’s what little Hazy is made of. 

I was so happy to have a day to celebrate just her!  I might have to set aside a day a week from now on as Hazel day.  It was just too much fun.  Of course I went overboard on the planning aspect of the party, I always do (I should get a job as a children’s party planner) but I knew I’d have amazing pictures to look back on the day, thanks to my awesome friend, so all the hours I spent baking every fun treat I could think of, and folding tissue paper and cutting paper for decorations was worth it.

  DSC_0371DSC_0374DSC_0387DSC_0399

I’m not so sure the sugar and spice quote fits quite as nicely with this little girl of mine.  She’s got some serious attitude!DSC_0411

The singing of the birthday song by a crowd, as well as a burning flame in front of her that she could not touch proved to be too much for Hazel to handle.DSC_0437

Here’s the proof….DSC_0442

But after some prodding, she daintily took small bites of her cake.  Such a little lady.

DSC_0444DSC_0445

This is as messy as she got!  We were not impressed, but love her despite her clean face.

DSC_0485DSC_0487DSC_0493DSC_0510

Isn’t it funny trying to get a good picture with small kids?  I mean, this is the best we could get, and not a single child is even slightly interested in looking at the camera.  I guess it just captures life how it really is.

DSC_0522

I’m pretty sure I mention it every time I talk or write about Hazel, but I love this girl SOOO much!  She brings only joy to my life.  And I’m not just saying that.  She is exactly what our family needed, and I’ll never forget how my life was changed for the better, one year ago today, when she was given to us. 

We love you baby Hazel. 

More than you’ll ever know.

P5140048

Also, I seem to have lost this baby.  If someone could please return her to me once she’s found, I’d greatly appreciate it. (sniff, sniff)

082

7 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Ohhhhhhhh. I've lost FOUR of them! Actually, they are showing back up in multiples. What a darling switch-a-roo from the common "messy baby face" mommy posts! That Hazel is extraordinary!

katrina hayes said...

Stephanie! What a great post! I can feel the love oozing out of my computer. and little Hazel is just perfection!

Heidi said...

All of it is perfection. Wish so much I could have been there. Can't wait to give that little lady a hug in a few days!

browerfamily said...

She's so beautiful Stephanie!

Kelsey said...

It turned out great! So exactly what I was picturing in my head. Isn't that hilarious. You are a great party planner! I showed my whole family this party and your cake blog yesterday at family night. They were all very impressed. I got a lot of comments like "Steph Raddatz did that!" (Deskin) and "I'm so proud of my little sister!" (Sarah) You're awesome. Now everyone knows it.

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

You are seriously so talented.....what an awesome cake! Can't wait to see Emery's bday cake! Hazel is beautiful!

Emma Westhora said...

Wow! You really should be a children's party planner...that looked amazing! Of course, your cakes (and cupcakes) always do! Can't wait to play with your kids in 6 weeks!!!