Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday. It started when Jaxon and Sage joined Jake and I in bed. I love mornings like that. When we asked Jaxon what he was thankful for, the list went as follows:

1. Nice seamonsters (who's not thankful for that!)
2. Scuba Divers
3. Nice sharks
Then, after some prodding,
4. Jesus
5. Mom and Dad
6. Baby Sage


I then had to start on my list of food items I was in charge of for dinner. One of which was an eight layer jello, which takes forever to make. I was in the best mood all day. I LOVE HOLIDAY'S! Jake and Jaxon went fishing, and Sage took a nap, so I was able to get all my cooking done without interruptions, which was really nice. Finally around 3:00 we headed off to Heidi's house, with my jello, green bean casserole, and tomato mozzarella salad. After waiting for everyone to arrive, we ate at 5:00. Dinner was delicious! Thanks to my dad for being one of the top shoppers at Fred Meyer, and winning us a huge Turkey. I guess our Thanksgiving was pretty typical, but if you ask me, there's nothing better than a typical Thanksgiving.

Here's our beautiful table


Jake and I, not so patiently waiting


The dinner party, just add Dad


Sage was stealing Holly's toy.

Mom and baby Sage

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Looks like a great time. We loved our time here with family too.

Mirm said...

John and I love that even though we were not there in person a part of us was. The salt and pepper shakers that we gave to Rick and Heidi were on the table. We sure loved seeing those. Kee kee kee..... Glad you had a good day!!! We also had a fun day.

Mirm said...

I forgot to say your welcome for the eight layer jello recipe.... I guess we were there more than all of you thought we were.

mahina said...

that's great to have family so close to spend the holidays with! i wish we had ours close enough to be with, but good friends are great to spend thanksgiving with too!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Kelsey said...

Tell Jax I'm grateful for nice seamonsters too.