Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wedding Cake #1

Here are some photos of the first wedding cake I made. My brother just sent me an email with these pictures and told me that I should add them to my blog! How cool is it that my big brother reads my blog! Love ya Bud!


So the story of the cake goes something like this. My brother, Mark, and his finace (Mikalann), came to Oregon for Christmas last year. We were doing wedding dress shopping and there was lot's of wedding talk, so I just threw out the suggestion that I should make the cake. Mikalann didn't seem so keen on the idea at first, but said that they would think about it. After I offered my services, I quickly regreted it. I didn't know how to make a wedding cake! Surly I would destroy anything I tried to make. Well, I few weeks later Mikalann called and said that she would love if I made the cake. Oh great! So I proceeded to make a practice cake, which turned out not so bad, and then the big day came, and.....here it is! The flowers really are what made the cake, and I didn't do that part, but the finished result was awesome. I was so proud. And it even tasted good. YEAH!! So here are the pictures. Thanks for the chance expand my talent Mark and Mikalann!


4 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow, that is a beautiful cake! Way to go.

mahina said...

wow! it is gorgeous! i wouldn't even know where to begin to make something like that! good job!

Kelsey said...

I'm glad Bud looks so happy.

Sarah said...

I"m impressed!